Joining Our Trust
Schools which have or have not converted to an Academy are invited to join us as a partner academy. A partner academy will become part of the legal entity of The Island Learning Trust, ceding its governance to the Multi Academy Trust, whilst retaining a Local Governing Body, as outlined under the Trust’s Scheme of Delegation.
Working in partnership, as part of, The Island Learning Trust has a number of key benefits:
- Sharing of systems, structures and policies that have a proven track record of success.
- Strong supportive team approach, with professionals in similar roles across academies sharing best practice, developing new approaches and promoting innovation.
- Excellent career professional development opportunities, through various career pathways, supporting the recruitment and retention of staff.
- Sharing of teachers, expertise and best practice. The ability to place high performing staff in areas of greatest need.
- Access to high quality, shared services,
- Innovative staffing arrangements – e.g., staff with specific skills working across more than one academy.
- Training days in common, facilitating high quality CPD tailored to the future needs of staff.
- Economies of scale – The Island Learning Trust can procure “value for money” services for all its academies.
- Shared pupils events providing children with wider opportunities ~ sporting competitions, residential adventure weeks, weekend residential visits, educational visits, etc.
- An attractive work-life balance package for all staff.