Our Trust and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Joining The Island Learning Trust
The Island Learning Trust has total commitment to improving the life chances, aspirations of pupils: we hold the highest expectations, maintain a relentless focus on pupil progress and attainment so that no child is left behind. We put the needs of our children at the forefront of every decision.
We are unwavering about the main things: quality, care, standards and integrity.
We welcome applications from individuals who are keen to make a positive difference to children's outcomes and who are eager to progress their career in a dynamic, research driven, forward-thinking Trust.
We recognise that a highly skilled, focused, competent and loyal workforce will enable pupils to make even greater progress. We develop and retain high quality staff through the provision of excellent CPD and by living and breathing our values: we care, support and challenge staff ‘to be they best they can be.’
Our working practices are positive, fair and built around a spirit of trust and co-operation. We engage positively with our employees to create a happy and successful working environment.
We are an organisation that listens and learns.
Benefits in working for the Trust
- Support and challenge you to be an exceptional practioner
- Provide high quality professional development opportunities: access to courses and coaching
- Ensure change is managed effectively
- Support your well-being by ensuing a reasonable workload is the norm
- Offer employment in schools with HQ leadership and focused strategic planning
- Provide a supportive network of academies; where expertise and career opportunities are shared
- Provide access to staff support and assistance: Employee Assistance Program & Westfield Health
- Provide a central team of experienced professionals
- Offer internal promotions within a growing family of schools
- Promote equality of opportunity and diversity
Induction and Career Development
- A mentor programme for all Early Career Teachers
- Strong programme of continuing professional development
- Professional development opportunities, including placements in other settings, for all teachers from newly qualified courses to the NPQH for aspiring Headteachers
All our vacancies are advertised through Kent Teach which can be viewed here:
'to be the best we can be'